Monday, August 23, 2010

School's in Session...



I know I say this every year but I can't believe how fast the summer goes. The kids started school today. I was quite proud of myself..only a few tears shed as I drove Zach to his first day of High School. I didn't even get choked up as I waited outside Connor's school and watched him line up with his new class. I am usually a mess. I don't know what happened today. Maybe I am more ready for them to go back than I thought. I started the morning off early..a 6am power walk with a few girls from the neighborhood. It was DARK outside. UGH! The ONLY thing I hate about the season changing. Getting up in the dark to exercise is grueling. Each of the kids were happy about their first day. That was a relief! They all had friends in their classes and aside from the $186 worth of checks I had to write out for "school fees", it was a good day for all.

4 comments:

Mariah Payne said...

They all look so cute! Glad it was a good first day for them.

Amy said...

They all look so cute! Zach is so growp up..r u sure that he shouldnt be going to college? Dang he is tall! Your kids are all so cute. Good luck!

Whitney Ann said...

adorable!! love you. :) (glad you're blogging again)

Tara said...

Finally! you did a blog post! ha ha The kids all look so cute. Isn't it just amazing how fast the time goes? You watch, HS goes by in the blink of an eye.
COnnor looks like such a good big brother in the pics with Abby! Miss you all.