Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Who thinks blogging is stupid? I beg to differ!

WOW! If I ever once thought blogging was a waste of time am I wrong. In response to my last blog I already got an awesome idea on getting my kids to work and I am going to try it! For those of you who are interested (katie-you may have already done something similar) check out my sister amy's link and then link over to her friend Amanda's. Read down a few older posts and you will see her ticket idea!

By the way--still no hamster!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Kristen--
I don't think blogging is stupid. Really SMART people know that!!! :)
Glad to have helped on the ticket idea. Seriously, it is working like a charm. However, like today, my girls aren't really interested in "earning" any rewards, they just want to sit around and read books. So, it is really hard for me to look at the mess and be like, "oh well". The thing is they catch on quick that if I'M the one doing the chores, they aren't earning tickets, so I bet in a little while they start to volunteer!! Good luck with your boys. Augh. It can be so hard in the summer!!!

Amy said...

I know you are so going to find that damn hampster in you BED!!!!!sleep tight sista!

Kate said...

No cleaning up around the house- no swimming, friends, etc. I just start their chores after breakfast (they each have a chart to keep track) and then when it is done- we can do the fun stuff! Granted- my boys are younger than yours- but I would sit down and have a little meeting or pow-wow- and let them know that mom means business. Let me know how you do!

go boo boo said...

We do the ticket thing - ala Katie ala a Pingree I think - and it works like a charm. They dig it and unfortunately we use it "against them" negatively, which I don't think you are supposed to, by saying "you'd better --- or we'll take away a ticket" which sends the boys into a frenzy. Also, I love blogging.