Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chicken Tacos with a Twist


Dinner tonight was a "slam dunk" as April would put it. I was feeling unmotivated to do anything that took effort so I pulled out the crockpot, put in some frozen chicken breasts, dumped some leftover salsa from the fridge and decided "hey, why not throw some brown sugar in it as well!(knock off of Cafe Rio pork) Well about 4 hours later after some pinto beans, sour cream, cheese, romaine and of course homemade tortillas from Costco--voila...the best darn chicken tacos I've ever made! Everyone loved them! Sometimes the least effort provides the best results, huh?
This post is dedicated to all of my "new recipe starved friends"

2 comments:

go boo boo said...

yea! that sounds awesome and easy and I happen to have the yummy costco tortillas too. thanks.

Brooke said...

sounds delicious! Thanks for the idea!