Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I read like I eat!


This picture says it all! Although I don't typically shove a WHOLE pack of oreos in my mouth at once, I definitely can binge. I am always in wonder at those I see who can eat one popcorn kernal at a time unlike me who shoves an entire handful into my mouth at once. It just tastes better that way! Or my husband for instance who can spend a day nibbling on a pack of M&M's while driving around in his truck. Me on the otherhand, will down the whole pack withing the first minute of opening it. It just tastes better that way! Maybe it's because I am impatient, I don't know. This past month I have been reading like I eat. Just binging on books. Gobbling them up in one bite. They become this nagging in the back of my mind like when I know there is a half gallon of my favorite icecream in the freezer. I just have to succomb to my craving to the book I am reading and then it's literally all I do! I sometimes wish I could just savor a good book reading it a few chapters at a time dragging out my pleasure as long as I can. But, no. My lack of self control once again reigns supreme! I guess there could be worse things to be devouring, right?

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Its a love hate relationship, isn't it? I love a book that is good enough to enslave me. But, I don't necessarily like being imprisoned. It can be consuming, huh? I feel your pain with the last bunch of books we've been reading. I can't wait to start the one for this month!

Kristen said...

i finished it already (yes in 3 days) i will bring it over. it's really good.

Amy said...

I think it's cool that you can get that engrossed in something. I always feel too scattered. Although I always make time to eat, especially ice cream!

Tara said...

speaking of food...I have found my new favorite HEALTHY snack! They are roasted pepitas. They taste like a sunflower seed, but bigger and better and they are already out of the shell. They make this little "pop" in your mouth...they are just SO YUMMY you have to try them! I got them at SPROUTS, which is a Health food Grocery store. (M&Ms are good too)

Tausha said...

You're right! She tottally reminds me of Evie! I think it is the nose and eyes and hair. I don't know, maybe it is that Evie likes to eat so much! I am so dreading the prep for my "thing". I think I will die for having to drink so much stinking water. I am having a bad day. Want to drive to Vegas after work?
teb

go boo boo said...

amen, amen, amen, amen, and amen sister. Are you just writing this to describe and thus tease me?