Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Zach!



This is a little overdue since your birthday was Monday but with the excitement of the dog and all I guess I can get away with it. WOW! I have a teenager. That is a landmark! I know being born first has not always has its advantages and the fact that you are very responsible makes it even harder for you because you get more of the burden placed on you than the other kids. I can always count on you to do something the first time you are asked. You have the ability to do things very well (especially when you are being bribed!) You are such a deep thinker and ask questions that are beyond your years. You love nature and will often comment on the beautiful sunset or how pretty the mountains are as we are out driving. You have a very tender heart, especially for animals. Is it any surprise that your favorite show was Bambi when you were little? You a very smart and have always been serious about school work. I am so proud of you for getting a 3.9 this term! Especially considering you are in all the gifted classes (and you're not a nerd!) Zach, I love you and am excited for the great potential that you have in life. You are a wonderful boy (okay young man) and I am proud to be your mom!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Zach is a great kid....it is fun to watch all these neices and nephews grow up. I love you Zach!

Amy said...

Happy birthday Zach! He's a teenager and he's still cute. Maybe he's going to bypass the awkward stage. He is a great kid.

Heather said...

Zach is like every parents dream. I know great parenting is behind him. He sure is cute. Happy birthday! Heather

Shiela Campbell said...

You are in serious trouble if he gets any better looking. I am sure the girls have already discovered him. Zach you are so precious to me and only Nana could say that and get away with it I love what your mother wrote because it is so true. Esp. the deep thinker part. I love having conversations with you. Just love life and know that you are so loved and remember what Nana has told you when you start to get worked up. "if it's not------------------!"
I LOVE you

Brooke said...

I love Zach! I can't believe he is thirteen!!!! He is such a great kid. Good job on the grades. Thanks for having us over tonight. I love this tradition!