Monday, March 24, 2008

What better thing to do on Spring Break than to BUY A DOG!


Sometimes when you are not really looking hard for something is the very time you find it. So I decided to skim the classifieds last night at about 9pm just to pass time and stumbled across this adorable dog. She fit all my criteria. She is small (20lbs) She is cute. She doesn't shed. She isn't hyper. She is house trained and she was under $200. The only problem was..she was in Smithfield which is by Logan. Well, I called on her anyway and after a conversation with the owner, I decided she just might be the dog for us. So I packed all the kids in the car and headed for a long drive to Smithfield. We got out of the car and the kids said, "We don't care how ugly she is..after driving this far we are taking her home." Well, we were relieved to find out that she is ADORABLE! Yes, we are in love with our new dog. Okay, so we have only had her for about 9 hours now but so far she couldn't be more perfect. She is SO great with the kids and is so mellow! After deliberating over and over about a name (and we had plenty on our list to choose from) we decided to call her Lacey. Her original name was Penny but we opted for a different one. Check back with me in about a week but for now..I am a pretty proud and contented dog owner!

7 comments:

Kate said...

she is adorable! How old is she? I am very happy for you.. and yes... I want to know how it goes. How big will she grow? Can't wait to meet her.

Kristen said...

she is pretty much full grown right now. she is the perfect size! can't wait for you to meet her!

Brooke said...

She is so cute! Cuter than I was imagining! I hope she stays great for you. It sounds like your spring break ended up ok. I hope Zach had a good birthday!

go boo boo said...

she is darling! I keep seeing that kind of dog here thinking it is the perfect and cutest dog! congrats!

The Ringleader said...

Congrats canine keeper! She looks like such a sweet dog. Your kids will have so much fun with her. I bet she will become your little shadow. How fun!! Your kids are all at great ages to help out. Good luck!

Amy said...

I have to admit she's cute, even though I'm not a pet person. Thanks for hanging out and making my bows! Making cute things is not one of my strengths. We always have fun with you.

Stephanie said...

She is adorable. What kind of dog is she? Good luck with the new dog!