Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Alan!

I meant to do this yesterday since it was your actual birthday but the day got away from me. I just wanted to let you know how much I love you on your 42nd birthday! I often think how lucky I am to have a husband who displays the following characteristics: (don't worry I am not going to do 42 of them! Just a few of the most cherishable ones!)

1. First and foremost you are always willing to help me. You never mind going out of your way or being inconvenienced. (even if it means going to the drugstore in Maui at 3am to buy me an enema after a severe case of "vacation constipation".)

2. You never complain about what I have not accomplished during the day (unless you don't have any clean underwear or jeans to wear)

3. You never get sick of hearing about all the cute or funny things the kids say. Even if I call you 10 times a day to tell you.

4. You are always supportive of things I want to do. (basically, you rarely tell me no.)

5. You are never possesive. Sometimes to a fault. (I know so why do I love that about you yet dislike it also? Because I am a woman and we are complicated)

6. I love the way you walk in the door each day and say "Hello Babar!"

You are a wonderful man. (I never thought I would be married to a 42 year old man! wow!) I appreciate all of your hard work and sacrifice by the long hours you put in each day with rarely a complaint. Thank you for being such a great dad to our children and such a sweet husband to me! I love you!

5 comments:

Amy said...

So sweet! I could feel the love through the blog. Algae is quite the catch!

Amy said...

He is a great husband. Happy Birthday Alan!I can't believe that he is 42 WOW!!!! He looks HOT!

Shiela Campbell said...

Somehow my son-in laws BD's slip by me and for that I apologize. You are wonderful and I love you like my own. thank you for being so good to my LITTLE GIRL!
Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mom Campbell

Brooke said...

We love Al! Happy Birthday! I still laugh every time I hear of him calling you Babar. You're great friends to us thanks for being so much fun to be with!

The Ringleader said...

Happy 42 big Al! We are so glad you were born and even more glad to know you! Here's to living to a 142!