Saturday, May 10, 2008

Blog Funk

I am in a blog funk right now. I can't believe it has been over a month since I have posted. What have I been doing? Let me see...here's what I have been up to as well as some of the highlights..
1. I was IN CHARGE of Teacher Appreciation Week at Noah's school. It took a lot of planning and last week was "the week". I was quite busy feeding the teachers, decorating, buying stuff for them, wrapping and tagging 35 Geraniums, and did I mention feeding them some more? Phew! Glad that week is over!
2. Dog has not peed or pooped in house for over a week! Maybe she's cured! I can't believe I am letting a stinky dog in my bed.
3. Went to the park a few times with Abbers.
4. Planted my windowbox which looks mighty cute if I do say so!
5. Planted more Hostas and groundcover under my tree.
6. T-Ball. I realized that the past 2 Saturdays I have not even paid attention to Connor's game. Never saw him bat and never knew what the score was when it was finished or WHO EVEN WON! I guess that's what happens when most of your closest friends are there "watching" their kids play as well. (Hey that's what the dads are for, right?)
7. Went to lunch with my mom and Cheryl for her Birthday. Citrus Grill was YUMMY! Oh and I spent about $200 at "Real Deals" my new favorite place. Still waiting to hang up my new pictures for my living room. But the new lamps in my bedroom look AWESOME! (early Mother's Day present to myself)
8. Went to Wal-mart a few times and Costco even a few times more.
9. Watched today as they excavated part of our backyard. They dug a whole for the trampoline and basically put HUGE piles of dirt all over the yard for the dog (and kids) to romp in and track into my already dirty house. (Yes, friends..my house is officially a "pit" due to some serious neglect because of my PTA duties. Dang what excuse can I use now that PTA stuff is over?)
10. Signed Connor up for swimming lessons. Bought new pool toys in preparation for my most glorious days ahead of LIVING AT THE POOL! (Ugh that means I actually will be in a bathing suit in the the next few weeks. Scarey thought.)
11. Didn't get to the gym more than once last week. (record low) Therefore am feeling fat and depressed about bathing suits.
12. Oh did I mention that I had an eye appt, a neurology appt and my yearly exam at the gyno's all withing a week of each other? I guess the 3 most important parts of my body are all taken care of for the year.
13. Had an IUD put in at the gyno's. Yes it hurt like #@**! I supposedly have a "tipped uterus" and it was a little more difficult to insert. I am supposed to "check it" periodically to make sure it is still in the right spot. Ya right! I can't even stand to give myself a breast exam let alone "that kind of exam".
14. Have FAITHFULLY been watching American Idol and am so glad that darn Jason Castro is officially gone.
15. and Finally, I have caught the dreaded "change of season" cold that I get every year. I think I would like to have my nose cut off at this point because it is not only so sore from blowing it but I have wiped out my supply of toilet paper in one day. Yes Brooke, it's as bad as the Josh Groban Concert night.

and that's my month in a "nutshell"!

5 comments:

The Ringleader said...

You need a medal!! Are you still standing? sane? alive? I am tired just hearing about it. Although because it is you, it's easy to believe that you accomplished everything. You are superwoman! I hope you were celebrated all mother's day for all of your hardwork!!

Brooke said...

What is it with the Spring cold? I think everyone has one. I'm sorry, it sounds awful. Drip, drip. I too am glad that Jason is finally gone. Good riddance! How about that pedicure this week? Sounds like you need some pampering!

Kristen said...

remember that is not a week long list of tasks but an entire month!

Amy said...

You have been busy! I've missed your blogs lately. And I'll never believe your house is a "pit". Your definition of clean and everyone else's are different. Hope to see you tonight!

Heather said...

Kristen you are amazing and you accomplish so many great things. Hope your cold is feeling better. We are on the countdown to fun summer swimming!!! love ya!