Monday, July 28, 2008

The Case of the Missing Scout Shirt...


Yesterday, we were trying to get Zach packed up and ready for a week long adventure of Scout Camp. Alan had gone to the scout store on Saturday and bought all the badges that he needed to iron on his shirt. (No, I don't know how to sew and yes, we do have to resort to the iron-on badges!) Zach had tried on his scout shirt for us that day and had laid it over the bannister of the stairs. Well, Sunday evening Alan started getting the badges out and asked Zach to go get his shirt. He came back shortly and said he couldn't find it. I suggested a few spots to look and after doing so, he still couldn't find it. Alan now joined in the search. As the minutes wore on, there became much frustration on the part of Zach and Alan. Realizing that it was time for "the mom who always seems to find everything" to step in, I also joined the search. The frustration was mounting by the second as we realized that he had to leave for camp in the morning and had to have his shirt. We gathered all the kids and decided to search every room in the house. After doing that, still no shirt. Zach came in to me and said "Mom, I think we should have a prayer." I thought to myself "now why didn't I think of that?" We quickly gathered in the living room and said a prayer. I again thought to myself "please make sure we find the shirt so my kids' faith isn't shattered!" We finished the prayer and again continued our search. It wasn't 10 seconds before I heard Alan say "I found it!" He had walked into our bedroom where we had searched several times before and decided to look down between the mattress and the bed frame and THERE WAS THE SCOUT SHIRT! I guarantee you my kids will remember this small example of faith and prayer for years to come! Just thought I would share.

4 comments:

Shiela Campbell said...

Wow!!! I am so proud of Zach and his faith. Hope he has a great time at scout camp and comes home with lots of new friends and some great memories. I need you to come and help me with my blog!!!!! I need a Kristen day at my house!

The Ringleader said...

Small miracles! Your kids will not forget that! Maybe you should let Scott know that he would be blessed if he wore his scout shirt.

Tara said...

I love it when things like that happen. little things like that that make them want to bear their testimony in church. let us know how scout camp goes.

Brooke said...

I don't think that would get Scott to wear his. The Bishop personally asked him to get the official khaki long sleeve and he refuses! Zach is so great. Don't you just love it when you see direct evidence of our Heavenly Father?