Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy BELATED Birthday Connor!

This is what happens when my sister comes in town for a week..everything gets put on hold..including blogging! So better late than never Connor!!!





Connor was especially lucky this year to celebrate his 5th birthday with not only some of his favorite friends but with his cousins from out of town. We had his party at the swim club and there was hardly a soul there so we basically had the whole pool to ourselves!! Connor is a pretty exciteable kid so you can imagine how excited he was for his party. Although I have to admit, there were several times earlier in the week where I wasn't sure he was GETTING a party due to some behavior issues. Connor sure keeps us on our toes. I have never known anyone who can make me SO frustrated one second and make my heart melt the next! I don't know of too many people who meet Connor and don't immediately love him, including many of our close neighbors. Here are just a few reasons why I love Connor so much...
1. You often come up out of the blue and say "Yer da best mom!"
2. Give you any object and you can figure out a way to turn it into a battle scene.
3. The only things you WON'T eat are pickles and peppers.
4. You finally don't gag over your poops anymore.
5. You have the world's biggest smile with the cutest dimple.
6. You'll get right back on your bike after a wipeout that leaves you bloodied & bruised.
7. You're not embarrassed to be who you are..anywhere you are...even if it's dressed as a mid-evil knight at Crown Burger or Spiderman at the grocery store.
8. You show no signs of prejudice when you say you wish you were black "cuz black guys are the coolest!"
9. You sit and play Noah's Nintendo DS for hours even though you have no idea what you are playing because you so want to be like your big brother.
10. You just woke up and walked in the room with your hair standing on end, morning breath and a contagious smile on your face that starts my day off right! I love you Connor!

8 comments:

Taylor said...

He is so cute! Happy Birthday Connor!

Thierry said...

Happy Birthday Connor! I will never forget when he walked up to that man at church and said, "You're fat!" hahahaha


PS. To add that update feature you go into layout then 'Add a page element' and add 'blog list' instead of 'links list'.

Thierry said...

Yep, thats right... any private blogs it doesn't work on... bummer

Mariah said...

Connor is adorable, it was so good to see him this summer. Happy Birthday!

Whit said...

Connor's such a cute kid, he's always so happy. Tell him happy birthday for me.

Tara said...

Connor has a special place in my heart. He gives you a hard time, but he is just so dang cute I could eat him!!!

Amy said...

Connor is quite the cutie. We can't help but love him! And I think he's earned the honor of being Carson's favorite cousin.

Brooke said...

We love Connor! He is a hoot! Grey had a blast at the pary, thanks for inviting him.