Monday, September 3, 2007

Football For Dummies!

Okay, one of my worst fears has come true. One of my children has taken up a sport that I know NOTHING about. I have never understood football, have never even liked football and now I look like an idiot parent! N had his first game on Saturday and I had a few different moms ask me what position he played and I'm like "I don't really know" (what positions ARE there?) Crap until Saturday I didn't even realize what number he was. For the record in case I forget..it's 41. We will be spending the next 9 Saturdays at games so I better get a crash course on the game. Maybe we could read this for our next book club??

Here is a picture of him from his game. Notice the nice sweaty-do! He's pretty cute though!


5 comments:

Kate said...

I asked Josh about his coach- and he has heard about him- and that he is really tough! So- hang in there Noah. Josh- says "Football is tough- but it teaches you a lot of character." Please invite us to one of his games... or practices.

The Ringleader said...

i wish that i could help, but i attend games for the hot dogs and people watching. noah sure looks handsome though. look out ladies!

Kristen said...

that's exactly what I told one of the mom's "I just go for the hotdogs" she laughed and thought i was kidding!!

go boo boo said...

I was a cheerleader and athlete and only have ever understood offense and defense when it comes to football. No clue about the distances, definitely not the positions (just q-back and kicker), and certainly not the whole idea of it! I think its a silly thing to watch grown men play tackle to get a silly ball through a silly post. But it is fun to watch up to college play and cheer and celebrate, so that will be fun.

Brooke said...

okay, the best thing about football is watching them in their tight pants. I think I like this even more than the hotdogs and people watching. (Although I guess there won't be any cute butt watching at the 10 year old's game, sorry) Football is nostalgic for me, I grew up with it. My dad coached for as long as I can remember. I actually know a bit, so ask away.