Sunday, October 21, 2007

Is it a Man Thing?


I am not much of a TV watcher in the summer. I have to admit though, as soon as it gets dark and cold at night, one of my favorite things to do is wash my face, brush my teeth, get in my cozy pajamas and ......turn on the TV! 9pm has become one of my most favorite times of day. My house is almost always quiet and I can hardly wait to get down under my big fluffy comforter and watch something really uplifting and inspirational on tv. (like The Bachelor!) It really frustrates me when they get you all hyped up for a new season of shows and then they start throwing some old episodes in with the new. (Like we aren't supposed to notice that Olivia from Law & Order SVI has her hair super short in some episodes and long in others?) Anyway, the inspiration for this blog came from the sudden panic that just came over me when I just realized that it's pushing 9pm and Alan actually got to the remote before I did. Which means he will be lying in bed channel surfing for the next 30 min. Then before he can get involved in any particular show he will break out into a loud snore and I will be ticked because it is 9:30 and any show I wanted to watch would be half-way over. Should that bug me? Because it kinda does!
Is channel surfing a "man thing"? or is it just an "Alan Thing"?

8 comments:

go boo boo said...

That is so funny. I am sitting right next to Andy as he watches - gag- baseball! I can handle it live, and only on TV for like the last inning of the World Series, but it can't get worse than watching baseball on TV. Thus, I blog like you...

Stephanie said...

It is a "man" thing, Mike will come to bed and flip the channels from one sporting event to another. I usually fall asleep before he does and I am the one that turn off the T.V. You would think as soon as he gets really tired he would hit the power button, but that must be to hard. I have to say since I had Cohen I am now the one in charge of the remote at bedtime..Yeah!!!

The Ringleader said...

Sunday night Talkin' Sports and the Bronco Mendenhall show are the worst. Most the time I beat Rocky to the remote, but weekends are my compromise. Whatever he watches hurts my ears and isn't even mildly entertaining. Who knew the GOLF CHANNEL could be so stimulating?! The monotone commentator speculating on wind and grass conditions. Yowsers. You are not alone. 2 TV's saved our marriage...now if I could put one on each side of the bed, everyone would win.

Kristen said...

our problem is both of us like to lay in bed and watch tv! i agree it would be nice to each have one with our own set of earphones. now wouldn't that give therapists something to talk about!!! what have we come to??

Thierry said...

So funny! Ryan is into football right now because he is on this stupid fantasy football league... such a waste of time! :) He totally chanel surfs. If there is something on that I want to watch he will switch between the two stations, but he always forgets about my show and stays on his way too long... :)
PS I was out in the hall for RS most of the time because hayden was so tired and fussy, how did you like it? It is going to be an adjustment!

Amy said...

You will REALLY laugh when you read this! Kelly just watches a BYU game that wa played like 2 years ago and thinks he needs to analys it..But worse than that he puts the TV on mute! Whats up with that, I guess I should be thankful, but it really ticks me off even more. I think, just give ME the remote!

Kate said...

Josh is the absolute worst... I will try and snuggle up to him and watch a show that he has on and I will get totally into it and then all of the sudden- he'll just change the channel...it pisses me off! So I don't even try anymore!

Brooke said...

For sure a man thing! Scott doesn't fall asleep. Maybe if he did I could see at least half of a show I want to watch, instead of sports center. Although he will watch something that I want to sometimes (as long as it appeals to him too) sorry for your frustration. P.S. It would bug me too! I am glad that I don't have the golf channel. That sounds like the ultimate worst channel!