Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What's on the table this week...

Wow, second week in a row of meals planned and we actually ate all of them minus the tomato soup and grilled cheese so as you will see it has moved into this week's spot. I have planned another menu for this week and thought you would like to get ideas or copy the exact menu as my sister Tara did last week. (Her poor kids. They are at my mercy now with what shows up on their table!)
*** Chicken Cordon Bleu (as per Zach's request)
*** Cahoon's Pot Roast (the best pot roast EVER!)
*** Hamburger Casserole (Johnson Family Cookbook p. 55 -for my sisters' sake)
(basically hamb, corn, cr mush, cr chick soups, sour cream, onion, egg noodles, bread crumbs- sounds good and EASY!)
*** Parmesan Chicken and Lemon Peel/Zucchini Pasta (sounds fancy but it's not)
*** Chili Verde Pork Burritos
*** Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Side note: I have decided that while I may be an okay cook, I am a terrible baker! (except for my mean apple pie!) Lately, I burn every batch of cookies, my zucchini bread is soggy in the middle and my apple crisp that I made Sunday night was yucky! The apples were crunchy. I had it at a party and it was AWESOME! I followed the recipe to a "T" and it was gross. (I thought it was anyway..Zach has been eating it for 2 days straight! It's so great having a 12 yr old in the house that's the size of a small horse-literally!)

p.s. is my blog hard to read? or is it just me? it kind of makes my eyes hurt but it sure looks cute, huh?

5 comments:

go boo boo said...

I would love the chili recipe. Uhm, I think we should trade off, I am a decent baker, but my cooking skills leave much to be desired. Our family is still suffering from something I cooked on Sunday. tmi

The Ringleader said...

Holy cook! That is quite the meal line up. Just let us know what time dinner is and we will be there. It all sounds sooo tasty. I am impressed.

The Hearn Crew said...

Kristen...I am a friend of Amy's, but I check out your blog every once in a while. Holy cow! Will you come cook at my house? If only my kids would eat, I might like to cook. I'm a loather of cooking. I have the pickiest kids ever, ask Amy? I love your "what's for dinner" entry. I'm hungry just looking at it. My husband is the cook in our house.

Brooke said...

Very impressive!!! Maybe I'll copy Tara and copy your meal plan too. (all of our kids will be at your mercy!) That chicken looks awesome! I wish my passion was for cooking dinner instead of desserts. I think my whole family would be better off!

Jen said...

I love that you post your meal plans. I might try that hamburger casserole.