Friday, July 13, 2007

It's just Me, A and the RUNAWAY HAMSTER

So, Ac took the boys on the annual Valley View 1st ward "Fathers and Sons" outing and now after going to dinner with some gals from the ward and then coming here after for a mean game of phase 10, I am finding myself sitting here with only myself and A ( who is asleep) and another hamster on the loose. No WAY!!! As I am writing this out of the corner of my eye I see this rodent running across the kitchen floor and YES it's the hamster!!! I just tried to catch it and it freaked out on me and now I have it cornered under the computer desk as I am typing this. How can I be scared of a LITTLE hamster? I am terrified right now but I am going to be brave (since I pretty much have NO CHOICE) and try to catch the thing so I will be right back!!! Okay, mission accomplished! Oreo is back in his cage and my heart if pounding right now. I HATE THESE BLANKETY BLANK HAMSTERS!!! THIS IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE!!
Should I let them both go in the backyard while the kids are gone? At least I can sleep tonight knowing they are both secure in their cages!!! I just returned home from girl's camp today and haven't had a wink of sleep so I am going to turn in!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I say you get rid of the darn things. That would freak me out seeing one of them run across the room. "yuck".. At least you can sleep tonight, you are a brave woman, a job well done!!!!

Amy said...

That would freak me out! It would remind me of MICE and we all know how much I love mice! You will have to tell me about girls camp...Taylor just got back this am, she had alot of fun! I missed her so much. Well I am off to Kelly's game so call me tomorrow.
Love ya!

Kate said...

Get rid of them! Maybe you could poison them or something... ha ha! Note to self- never get hamsters! Okay I can't believe we haven't seen eachother... pathetic. Call me! Let's do lunch this week... Jennifer is back in town!

go boo boo said...

ditto the ladies, except Kate, poisoning sounds harsh sister! you are a brave woman, I would freak out.

Tara said...

Hey sis,
When your kids grow up, they will love you for always letting them have pets. You are good about that! Just be careful that Abby doesn't flush them down the toilet!!

Kristen said...

actually flushing them is a FABULOUS idea!!! maybe Abby's toilet fetish will come in handy afterall!